“Explore the wonders of Beijing up close and personal in an exclusive tour for small groups of six people or fewer. During this immersive two day experience, you will skip the queues to enjoy the rich cultural history of Beijing with your professional, English-speaking guide.
Discover the mysterious palaces of the Ming Dynasty rulers at the Forbidden City. Walk amongst the beautiful willows and spiritual buildings of the Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. Ascend the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu. Finally, take in a magnificent panorama of the entire city from Jingshan park. You can enjoy the best a China tour has to offer in an action-packed two days.”
More Features of Our Beijing Small Group Tour
- Learn about the modern history of China and see Mao’s portrait at Tianan’men Square.
- Enjoy a quiet afternoon atop the Wall of China – long after the crowds have disappeared.
- Eat freshly prepared Chinese cuisine for lunch each day, with free access to drinking water at all destinations– all included.
- Unlike many China tours, our small group tour is filled with excitement – no shopping and no waiting around for buses to arrive!
Our Friendly Staff
Your Guide is a knowledgeable local expert who speaks fluent English. They are keen to help you and your intimate group enjoy Beijing.
Your Vehicle is air-conditioned, with plenty of space and large windows.
Your Driver is reliable and professional, with years of experience navigating the local area.
Our Customer Support Office is available by phone to assist you, 24/7.
Day One Itinerary
Small Group Tour To Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall at Mutianyu
7:00 AM -8:30 AM
Your guide will be waiting for you in your hotel lobby. You will then be driven to your first destination – Tianan’men Square, the biggest public square in world, where Chairman Mao famously held his military rallies. Your guide will show you to the Gate of Heavenly Peace, where Mao’s portrait hangs. Unlike many China tours, you will have ample time to speak with your guide about the history of the Square, to take photos, and to explore at your own pace.
Things to Remember
- On the day before your Beijing tour, remember to check our website to confirm your morning pick up time: *LINK*
- Bring your Confirmation Letter so that your guide can identify you – it will be their first time meeting you.
8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Discover the Forbidden City
You will leave Tianan’men Square on foot by the gigantic Red Gate to the north and enter the secret home of more than twenty Chinese Emperors from the Ming and Qing dynasties. Where many Beijing tours have guests wait in queue for hours, you will get direct access to the Forbidden City. Your Guide will show you the ten key spots within the Forbidden City and you may also explore around the 9999 chambers of magnificent architecture.
11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Lunch at the Great Wall, Mutianyu
Your driver will pick you up from the Forbidden City and take a 1½ drive directly to the base of the Great Wall at Mutianyu, where we will stop to enjoy some delicious local cuisine at our manager’s favorite local restaurant.
1:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Ascending the Great Wall – by stairs or by chairlift
The Mutianyu section of the Great Wall is regarded as one the most beautiful, with faithfully restored architecture and great views. There is also a cable car, chairlift and toboggan if you wish to enjoy the Wall without climbing steps. The afternoon is a great time to visit the Wall because it is quiet with few crowds.
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Return to Hotel
This is the conclusion of Day One of our Beijing Experience. The car trip back to your hotel will usually take 1½ hours.
Day Two Itinerary
Visit Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Jingshan Park and Beijing 2008 Olympics Sites
7:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Once again, you will be escorted from your hotel lobby to the place known as the Summer Palace, an elaborate estate of architectural wonders situated around a beautiful lake, with a mountainous backdrop. The iconic attraction has a rich history, being constructed over the course of more than 500 years. You will enjoy the magnificence of the Summer Palace from the water on a Dragon Boat (the boat may be unavailable in Winter as the lake freezes over). Then, your guide will show you through the Long Corridor, a covered pathway decorated with more than 14000 paintings.
11:20 AM – 11:40 AM
2008 Olympic Sites
On the way to lunch, we will briefly stop at the 2008 Olympic stadiums – the iconic Bird’s Nest and Water Cube for a photo opportunity.
12:00 AM – 1:00 PM
A Traditional Lunch
We will stop for Lunch at a local Traditional Chinese restaurant.
1:30 PM – 2:10 PM
Sight-Seeing from Jingshan Park Lookout
The penultimate destination on your trip, the 479-meters peaks of Jingshan Park allow you to take in the entire spectacle of the city that you have just explored, including a panoramic view of the Forbidden City.
2:40 PM – 4:10 PM
Touring the Temple of Heaven
The fitting end to a truly epic two days of adventure, your final destination will be the Temple of Heaven. It is said that many Emperors would move into this Temple twice yearly to fast, practice abstinence and pray for a good harvest for their people. Your Guide can show you the deep spiritual symbolism of the layout, art and architecture, which is considered to be the prime achievement of one of the greatest civilizations on Earth.
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
We will drive you back to your hotel, bringing your time with us in Beijing to a happy end. Be sure to stay in touch with your tour guide and group on Facebook to share photos and memories.
All other dates are within the shoulder season.
Things to Note
- Our Beijing tour is a small group tour, meaning that there is a maximum of 6 people per group.
- The tour is available daily, with guaranteed departure.
- For seniors (age 80+) or families with a baby we recommend a private tour with a smaller group and better staff support.
What’s Included in this Price?
- Tickets to all attractions in the two day itinerary listed above.
- Personal transport by car from and to the hotel precinct and all destinations on the tour.
- Lunch provided on both days, free drinking water available at attractions.
- A professional tour guide for your small group.
Other Expenses (Not Included)
- Chinese Visa.
Tickets to Beijing and airport transfer.
Tips of 60-100 CNY for the tour guide and driver are appropriate– they work hard to ensure you have a good time.
Breakfast, dinner and snacks.
Other personal expenses e.g. souvenirs
If your Beijing tour is interrupted by natural disasters or other unforeseeable events, we will likely be able to refund all or most of the booking fee, depending on how much of the tour we were able to provide prior to the interruption.
For other booking cancellations, the following rules apply, depending on the amount of notice given:
- 7 days before departure – 100% refund available.
- From 3 to 7 days before departure – 90% refund available.
- Within 3 days of departure – no refund.
- For large groups of 10 or more – your travel advisor will assist you with regard to the cancellation policies for your group.
Using the 72 Hour Visa-Free Policy
If you are planning a Beijing tour that is less than 72 hours in total, then you may be able to make use of the Visa-Free Policy. Please thoroughly read the Visa-Free Policy details to ensure this option is suitable for you: *link*
Let Us Help You Organize the Perfect China Tour
There are many additional services we can provide to ensure your China Tour runs smoothly:
- Let us book and confirm a suitable hotel room for your needs.
- We will ensure that you have successfully boarded your flight and will check your time of arrival with the airline. We can arrange someone to pick you up from the airport on arrival.
- We can organize your plane and train connections – there are many stations in Beijing and this can be confusing!
- If you do not wish to have Chinese cuisine for lunch, we can organise another option for you. There are vegetarian, Western, Halal and Kosher restaurant alternatives for you.
We Are a Beijing Based Operation
We are not just another big Western travel agency selling ‘China small group tours’ to the mass market. Our product manager and travel guide staff have worked hard to create a truly special experience of Beijing. They personally recommend both of the restaurants we will be visiting, and their deep local experience allows them to avoid the big tour groups so that you can spend more time in the places that are important to you.