China Small Group Tours’ VIP Shanghai Day tour is specially designed to give you the complete Shanghai experience in a single day:
- Observe the city from atop a glittery skywalk: The famous World Financial Centre will give you a dazzling birds-eye view of the glorious city of Shanghai
- Explore another side of the city by water: glide down an ancient waterway in a sculling boat through Zhujiajiao Water Village.
- Experience the past and future of Shanghai: wander down the Bund of Shanghai and marvel at the contrasting faces of Shanghai’s colonial-style and 21st century futuristic buildings.
Shanghai Small Group Tour Highlights
- A trip to Shanghai’s “Oriental Venice”, the Zhujiajiao Water Village
- A freshly-cooked delicious lunch overlooking the beautiful Zhujiajiao canals.
- A stop at the endless fields of yellow rapeseed flowers in a water village (in springtime).
- An informative walk down the bund, discovering the old and new faces of 17 of Shanghai’s most iconic buildings.
- A bird’s eye view of Shanghai from the 55-meter-long skywalk on the 100th floorof the World Financial Centre.
- Free drinking water and snacks at the China Small Group Tours Refreshments Kiosk.
- Get introduced to the sights like an insider with detailed narrations by our Tour Guides.
- Videos and informational brochures to help you discover the hidden gems of Shanghai.
Supporting Services for Your Convenience
Best Guides: Our exclusive licensed tour guides speak fluent English and are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
Experienced Drivers: We only hire reliable and licensed local drivers who have minimum 5 years’ driving experience
Deluxe Vehicles: Spacious, modern and air-conditioned business cars equipped with GPS facilities and large windows so you don’t miss the sights
China Small Group Tours Shanghai Office: Our backup support team is fluent in English and more than happy to solve any issues, answer any queries and improve your experience.
Professional Product Analysis: Our dedicated product team analyses every aspect of the Shanghai tour to guarantee you the best possible services, experiences, and enjoyment.
Shanghai Tour Map
The day before your Shanghai tour…
The day before the tour, we request you to take out some time and find out more about your tour guide and confirm your pick-up time by visiting this site: https://www.China Small Group Tours.com/track-your-trip.html. We upload all tour information 24 hours before the tour. In case there is any missing information, please contact your travel advisor.
Hotel Pickup 8:30 AM (unless you arrange a different time)
On the morning of your tour, your guide will be waiting in the Hotel lobby, holding our official China Tours personalized placard. Show our confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle.
Journey to Zhujiajiao Water Village 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
Our premium business car will take you to the 200-year-old ‘water village’, regarded as the greatest symbol of the iconic Yangtze River Delta lifestyle and architecture.
Some important points to know beforehand:
- If you plan to leave the city after your Shanghai tour, we recommend that you check out from your hotel before departure. It typically takes hotel staff 10-20 minutes to oblige with the procedure. You may keep your luggage in our vehicle, and we will ensure that you are transported to the airport or train station directly after the tour concludes. If you wish to avail this, kindly inform us your departure times, and remind out tour guide.
- The hotel pick-up and drop-off area should be within the middle ring road of Shanghai. If there is any extra distance to be covered, additional charges will be applied.
The Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Centuries ago, Zhujiajiao (/joo-jyaa-jyaoww/) was a trading area, with the canals being used to ferry products along in little boats and barges. In modern times, charming little boats still run through the canals as part of its ancient magic.
A gondola ride facing the water village is the best way to get an up-close and personal view of the town, and to experience the waterway life like a local at your own pace. See our cruise guide on Zhujiajiao. The Shanghai small group tours have no more than 4 to 6 people, offering good time flexibility for asking questions, exploring the sights, and taking photographs.
China Small Group Tours has a dedicated Refreshments Kiosk at Zhujiajiao Water Village. At the service site, all our customers can obtain free water, beer, site maps, and other snacks and goods.
Three Un-missable Sights
The Zhujiajiao Water Town is vast, and most Shanghai small group tours only whizz by through the canals offering just a glance at the sights. But we narrow the tour down to three carefully selected and un-missable stops for the ultimate waterway experience:
- Kezhi (/ker-jrr/) Garden. For over a hundred years, this charming garden has been a place to view and learn about beautiful and fascinating plant life. The highlight of the garden is a five-story building with a stunning roof pavilion, which is also the tallest structure of the water village. Enjoy mesmerizing views of the vivid yellow rapeseed flower fields and many other tempting sights in Kezhi Garden.
- Qing Dynasty Post Office. On West Lake street is lies one of the most well preserved structures from the Qing Dynasty (1644–1911). This ancient post office will transport you back to ancient China with its collections of centuries-old letters written on bamboo and antique post cards of old Shanghai.
- Fangsheng Bridge. Among the 36 ancient stone bridges of the Zhujiajiao Water Village, the Fangsheng Bridge strikes out as the main attraction. Built over 200 years ago, the largest and most beautiful bridge of Shanghai rests on five grand arches and promises to take your breath away!
A picturesque waterside lunch 11:30 AM – 12:30 AM
After an adventurous tour of the Zhujiajiao water town, it’s time for a scenic stop and a delicious, freshly-cooked local lunch at a special China Small Group Tours featured restaurant. The restaurant’s second story view will offer you the most beautiful sights of the water village, and the authentic flavors will delight your taste buds!
The lunch menu is carefully selected by our product managers based on the preferred customer tastes from all around the world for the best gourmet experience. We also make special arrangements based on your preferences, so simply let us know your food requests beforehand and we will be happy to oblige!
Ascent of the World Financial Centre 12:30 AM – 4:00 PM
After a delectable lunch and a restful break, you will travel an hour to reach the next stop of your Shanghai tour – the skywalk of the internationally famous World Financial Centre. The monstrous skyscraper ranks as the tenth tallest building of the world (492 m). Here, without waiting in the tourist ticket lines, your tour guide will take you all the way up to the 100th floor to the 55 meters long skywalk – which is also the world’s fourth highest observation deck.
From here, you will enthrall at the birds-eye views of the city of Shanghai with the least amount of tourist rush, and be able to take stunning, clear photographs of the city from a great height.
Wander down the Bund 4:00 AM – 5:00 AM
If you thought that either of the first stop were the best stops of Shanghai tour, you would be wrong. For now it’s time to drive you to the Bund – Shanghai’s popular waterside boulevard along the Huangpu River.
Wandering down this unique walkway, you will find on either side of you some of the most mesmerizing architectural masterpieces of the world. The Shanghai Bund boasts of uniquely contrasting buildings, some ancient, classic and colonial, others modern, futuristic, and glittery.
Rather than just a superficial glance at the view as most Shanghai small group tours offer, your tour guide will take you on a scenic stroll down the Bund, and give you detailed introductions of 17 of Shanghai’s most iconic buildings and their rich history.
Transfer Back To Hotel Or On To the Airport 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
At the end of the tour, you will be directly driven back to your hotel, or if you must catch a flight or a train immediately, we will be more than happy to facilitate you in getting there. Please click here to book an airport transfer following the end of the Shanghai small group tour
Thank you for choosing China Small Group Tours for your China tour. We trust that this trip will bring you joy and satisfaction. It would be greatly encouraging for us for us, and we would be most thankful, if you rate us on TripAdvisor and share your experience on our Shanghai small group tour, or alternatively post about it on your Facebook profile or any blog and recommend to others.
You may follow us on our Facebook page to see the latest updates, photos and posts from your tour guide at: https://www.facebook.com/ChinaSmallGroupTours/
Your time is valuable to us and we appreciate the time constraints on a vacation. That’s why we optimize on time saving by:
- Taking you to Zhujiajiao in the early morning to avoid the crowds.
- Pre-purchasing tickets to the skywalk of World Financial Centre online to sidestep the waiting lines like a VIP, and going up to the observation deck at 1:30 PM when there is the least tourist rush.
- Driving you back to downtown Shanghai from Zhujiajiao just after noon to avoid highway traffic jams.
- Avoiding needless stops at tourist shops, factories, and souvenir markets.
A Little About Us
Unlike most online tour operators who sell tour products made by local travel agents, we built our own branch company in Shanghai in 2010, and since then have been developing our own unique and original products, including comprehensive China tours. Our aim is to keep delivering high-value, deluxe China tours to all our valued customers. We have more than 50 local staff members in Shanghai available to help you solve any queries or problems on the spot.
- China Small Group Tours Shanghai Office:+86-13910694045 (24/7 customer service)